Type or namespace name `VuforiaMonoBehaviour’ could not be found

Continuing the discussion from Basic setup of SDK:

Hi,

I just received my headset and am eager to try developing stuff for it. So I downloaded and imported the SDK, but got a compile error, even after I changed to Android and ticked Vuforia in the XR player settings:

Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs(18,50): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VuforiaMonoBehaviour’ could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Am I still missing something? i am using Unity 2017.3.1.

Thanks!

Created a new topic to make it easier for others with the same issue to find a solution (if we can find it).

Are you absolutely sure the Vuforia support is enabled in the Android build settings? And are you building to Android?

I am as sure as I can be in Unity :grinning: But I’ve seen weird things happen.

I see! It has to do with the Aryzon unitypackage containing a Vuforia reference which is not supported in 2017. I removed it and uploaded a new package. If you re-download and re-import the package into a new project you should be OK. Otherwise please let me know. You can also remove the file causing the error and remove the file ARTrickVuforia.cs.

Thanks. This version loads without problems and runs in the editor, but when I try to build it I get new errors in WindowInfo.cs. I’ll start a new thread like you did last time.

Edit: I found the problem (the file WindowInfo.cs needs to be moved from /Aryzon/Scripts to /Aryzon/Editor), so no need for a new topic, just to let you know that it needs to be moved.

I noticed, I’ll have a sample project online in an hour or so. You can delete the WindowInfo.cs as well :slight_smile: