Type or namespace name `VuforiaMonoBehaviour’ could not be found


#1

Continuing the discussion from Basic setup of SDK:

Hi,

I just received my headset and am eager to try developing stuff for it. So I downloaded and imported the SDK, but got a compile error, even after I changed to Android and ticked Vuforia in the XR player settings:

Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs(18,50): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VuforiaMonoBehaviour’ could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Am I still missing something? i am using Unity 2017.3.1.

Thanks!


Basic setup of SDK
#2

Created a new topic to make it easier for others with the same issue to find a solution (if we can find it).

Are you absolutely sure the Vuforia support is enabled in the Android build settings? And are you building to Android?


#3

I am as sure as I can be in Unity :grinning: But I’ve seen weird things happen.


#4

I see! It has to do with the Aryzon unitypackage containing a Vuforia reference which is not supported in 2017. I removed it and uploaded a new package. If you re-download and re-import the package into a new project you should be OK. Otherwise please let me know. You can also remove the file causing the error and remove the file ARTrickVuforia.cs.


#5

Thanks. This version loads without problems and runs in the editor, but when I try to build it I get new errors in WindowInfo.cs. I’ll start a new thread like you did last time.

Edit: I found the problem (the file WindowInfo.cs needs to be moved from /Aryzon/Scripts to /Aryzon/Editor), so no need for a new topic, just to let you know that it needs to be moved.


#6

I noticed, I’ll have a sample project online in an hour or so. You can delete the WindowInfo.cs as well :slight_smile: