ARCore Support to enable WebAR

I am particularly interested in bringing AR to the web and putting the means of creating it into the hands of web developers. It would be amazing for Aryzon to support this.

The basic premise is that in the future you will be able to experience all of your AR content through a browser like Chrome / Safari. This has the undeniable advantage of not having to install one app per AR experience. You would simply just use your browser and the power of the web.

Jerome Etienne has already provided a marker-based AR solution for the web with AR.js. The addition of ARCore will provide a marker-less solution for web.

The integration with Mozilla’s excellent A-Frame web framework provides a component oriented way for web developers to create AR with technologies they enjoy and excel in using.

At the time of writing ARCore provides two experimental browsers in the form of apps that provide support for Android (WebARonARCore) and iOS (WebARonARKit). - https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/web/getting-started

In summary, this would provide ways for developers that are not experienced in Unity to also create compelling AR experiences.

AR that would be linkable and shareable… on the web. :slight_smile:

What do you think?

Thinking about this there may be no changes to make for Aryzon.

I should just be able to open an AR webpage in the WebAR Chromium browser and then put the phone into the Aryzon headset and voila, enjoy some AR!

Can anyone in the Aryzon team confirm whether this is the case?

I.e, that I don’t necessarily have to use the Aryzon SDK. I can use WebAROnARKit + WebAROnARCore instead and develop using ARCore, Three.js and A-Frame.

A response for this post would be great as I am in talks with several clients about Aryzon and have potential projects but without web support it will not be possible with my current plans.

Thank you.

This is essentially what I do when viewing VR experiences…

That is…

• Browse to VR webpage on Chrome / Firefox on mobile
  • Pop phone into Google Daydream Headset
  • Enjoy VR

OR

• Put on Vive headset
  • Browse to VR webpage
  • Enjoy VR… in 6DOF :slight_smile: