Last October, I received my viewer, and was able to get it calibrated and play with the sample apps (Android, Nexus 6P, 8.1).
I didn’t have time to really use it for a couple of months, but when I pulled it out today to try using it, it looks like a recent update (sometime between November 2018 and today… I have Google Play set to auto-update installed apps) is now causing it to be unable to recognize the target. So far, I’ve tried the following:
Uninstalled and reinstalled the “Aryzon” app from Google Play
Attempted to recalibrate it. It recognizes the QR code without any problems, but when I insert the phone into the viewer after affirming the disclaimer, it just doesn’t see the target.
I glanced over the logcat output while running the calibration app, but didn’t see anything that looked like an obvious error (though obviously, it’s kind of like searching for a needle in a haystack, and I could have easily overlooked it).
I’m pretty confident that it’s NOT due to a new problem with Android itself… it’s been almost a year since the last time I reflashed the phone.
An easy place to start would probably be for me to just try re-installing the old .apk that you published to Google Play prior to October 2018 to see whether the problem goes away, just because we know THAT version definitely worked & would be an easy way to eliminate phone-related problems as a likely reason.
Assuming you built the current (January 2019) release of the Aryzon app using the same .unitypackage that was released a few months ago (and not a newer private build that hasn’t been released yet), the next thing I’d be inclined to blame is Unity itself. Unity 2018.2 has had a LOT of nasty Android-specific bugs.